Air Fryers are universally loved and the most frequently used kitchen outlets and the secret of this popularity is their healthy, evenly, and frequently cooking capability. These versatile outlets are manufactured to last for a long time, but they may stop working if not properly maintained or cleaned after a short while.
So, proper cleaning and maintenance are the backbones of their durability. Moreover, the cleaning of any cooker is compulsory for the sake of healthy food and the same is in the case of fryers.
“Frying Feature” helps you in the maintenance of your favorite kitchen gadgets. We are going to share with you some important tips and guidelines that must be kept in mind for occasional and deep cleaning. Also, we’ll help you to deal with the odd smell that you may feel in your fryer. Stay connected with us, we’ll save your effort and time through an easy cleaning formula.
Table of Contents
Cleaning After Each Batch
The frying basket, tray, and pan can be easily cleaned or washed after each go, use warm soapy water for this purpose. Most of the fryers feature dishwasher-safe parts and if you are not ready to clean them by hand, you can easily clean them in the dishwasher. But must read the instructions before putting them in the dishwasher.
Occasionally, the basket or pan may have baked grease on them that is a little difficult to clean. In such a situation, place the pan or basket in soapy water for 15 to 20 minutes. Now grease can be easily removed with a soft cloth or scrub brush. After removal of the basket, clean the interior & exterior of the air fryer with a damp cloth or sponge.
Let all the parts dry completely and then reassemble the fryer. Your fryer is absolutely fresh for the next batch.
Deep Cleaning of the Air Fryer
Besides occasional cleaning after each go, the Air Fryer must be cleaned deeply at least after one or a maximum of two weeks. If it is ignored, the fryer may give off an odd smell.
Frying Feature always tries to make your cooking easy and healthy that’s why we pave your way to solving every fryer problem. In the same context, here is an easy step-by-step procedure to clean the fryer deeply.
- Start the cleaning by unplugging the air fryer.
- Never clean the hot fryer as it may cause any damage to you or the fryer. So, let the fryer cool for 20 to 30 minutes after cooking.
- Take off the basket and pan and wash them with hot soapy water using a clean cloth to wipe the grease.
- If you are sure, according to instructions, that fryer parts are dishwasher safe, you may clean them in the dishwasher.
- If the basket has deeply baked grease, let it be dipped in the hot soapy water for 15 to 20 minutes. After this time wipe the grease using a scrub brush or cloth.
- After this, move on to clean the interior. Use a mixture of hot water and baking soda to clean the interior as it is a remedy to baked grease as well as any odor. Gently scrub the damp cloth or sponge to clean the grease.
- Then comes the turn of the exterior, use the same solution, water plus baking soda, to clean the exterior.
- Never forget to clean the heating unit. So, turn them upside-down and carefully clean the heating unit using a damp cloth or sponge.
- Now, all the parts of your Air Fryer have been cleaned properly.
- Let them dry well for some time.
- After all the parts have dried, reassemble them in their place.
- Clean the exterior with a dry cloth after reassembling, it will make your Air Fryer shiny.
- Your fryer is ready again for the next healthy batches.
How to Deal with an Odd Smell?
Sometimes, your air fryer-cooked food may give off an odd smell. It is not difficult to deal with this odor for fresh cooking. If you notice any such smell, Frying Feature recommends dipping the basket or pan in a mixture of hot water and baking soda for 30 to 40 minutes before cleaning it with soapy water.
There is another easy remedy to the offensive smell that is the use of lemon. Cut a lemon, rub it on the basket and drawer, and let it sit in the basket for 30 to 40 minutes. Then wash the basket and now there would be no smell.
Safe Fryer Cleaning Tips
For a safe fryer cleaning procedure, keep the following tips in mind.
- Never use a metal utensil to clean the frying basket or pan. The reason behind this logic is that your pan features a non-stick coating and a metal utensil may cause scratches on it. So, use a non-abrasive sponge or cloth to rub the grease.
- If it is hard to clean the greasy material, don’t rub it aggressively, rather let the basket dipped in hot soapy water for half an hour.
- If you are cooking consecutive batches, it’s not necessary to clean after each batch. Rather you may wait for the final batch to end for proper cleaning.
- Never dip the whole fryer in the water as the heating unit is not waterproof.
The Air Fryer is really manufactured to live long and it is true only when you look after it properly. Its cleaning is not so hard and time-killing but only when done timely. So, never show laziness regarding the maintenance of your lovely Air Fryer as proper care adds to its life. After finishing any sort of cooking just like steak, egg rolls, etc, you should clean your fryer!